September 25, 2021
Sponge Candy Fest starts with Platter’s Chocolates hosting our 4th Annual Sponge Candy 5K on September 25, 2021. This will be a fun, family-oriented event to raise money for a charity that has captured the hearts of all of us here at Platter’s Chocolates – Olivia’s Bears. It’s a wonderful organization that was started by a young woman right here in our local community. All of us at Platter’s Chocolates are so excited to support this local organization and we hope you are too!
Sponge Candy 5K
Runners and Walkers
At 3:30 pm, the 4th Annual “Run for Sponge” 5k will commence.
The race will start on Ohio Street and finish in front of the Platter’s Chocolate Factory in the newly renovated Wurlitzer Building in North Tonawanda, New York using USATF Certified Course #NY15045. All participants will receive sponge candy and fruit, yogurt, snacks, and bottled water will be served at the finish line.
For more information about the race and to sign up, please visit: https://bit.ly/3yEsMv7
Olivia’s Bears Golf Tournament
Olivia’s Bears is excited to host our second annual golf tournament on September 11th, 2021 at Willowbrook Golf Course in Lockport. This will be a fundraising event to support Olivia’s Bears whose charter is to deliver teddy bears to children in Western New York who struggle with medical conditions. Since our inception in 2009, we have been able to deliver over five hundred themed Build-a-Bears to children who are in the hospital. As we have grown, we continue to expand on the things we can do that align with our mission. Just this past year, Olivia’s Bears has:
- Awarded three Olivia’s Bears – Jessica Stone Memorial Scholarships
- Donated toys and gaming systems to the oncology unit at Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Delivered chocolates to our essential workers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Donated Buzzy’s for patients to take home with them to help with treatments
- Donated six months worth of parking passes for families to use at Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Donated plastic storage units, Keurig coffee makers, two dryers, and an air hockey table for the oncology/hematology patients and their families at Oishei Children’s Hospital
Olivia’s Bears is a non-for-profit organization providing teddy bears to children who struggle with medical conditions as a symbol of love and support.
For more information about Olivia’s Bears Golf Tournament, please visit: https://bit.ly/3jMgE55
Thank You from all of us at:
For all of your support!